Monday, January 04, 2010

Just Like Dad

Recently, as I was recovering from the Christmas blitz and trying to put our house back in order, it was brought to my attention that I needed to hang some pictures on the wall. This is not a particularly exciting event, but an incredibly poignant event sparked my attention. As I had my hammer out ready to hit the nail, I turned around and noticed that my 4-year old son had found his toy hammer and was mimicking my every move. He wanted to be just like his daddy.

What a perfect picture, pardon the play on words, of what it means to be a follower of God. We should strive to be more like our heavenly DADDY each and every day. A part of that effort must come in the form of missions. You see God left his place of comfort. The scriptures tell us He became both God and man in the form of Jesus Christ here on this earth. HIS purpose, simple, to seek and save the lost.

Let us ponder this and try to be just like DAD.