Wednesday, January 27, 2010

God-sized Moment

I had the opportunity to experience God this evening. It wasn't through some pious action of my own doing, nor was it in a great praise and worship event, rather it was in the fellowship of God's people seeking to participate in something much greater than anyone of them could accomplish on their own. Something none of us could accomplish on our own, even if we were working together. A God-sized task had revealed itself to some members of the church and I was privy to the revelation. We believe that we have been called to help with the disaster relief in Haiti.

At this point many of you may sound skeptical. You might be saying to yourself, why all kinds of people are doing this. To which I reply you are correct. But just because a number of folks are already doing it doesn't mean that God hasn't asked us to join in too. As our group discussed, and planned, a sense of purpose and clarity emerged. But also a sense of how large the task at hand truly was. If this activity is going to work, then God will have to be in it. It was as if God laid the challenge out there and said, take up the challenge and then watch me go to work. The vast sway of ideas progressing forward only served to build my confidence in the One who I had just experienced.

Now comes the hard part. The transition. God has been seen at work in Haiti and has invited us to join Him there. We have taken the step in faith to begin the process, I like others in my team must continue stepping toward where God is in order to be successful in accomplishing HIS purpose for Haiti and for us.