Monday, January 19, 2015

Resolutions

Copied from Dan Jenkins' Article at
 http://churchofchristarticles.com
Here it is a new year - time to reflect on the accomplishments of last year or lack thereof.

Did I accomplish everything I hoped to last year, no.  In fact in a recent review of family resolutions (a tradition we started a few years ago) I scored about 2.5 out of 7 not a good statistic in any sport, let alone personal life ambitions.

So what to do?  Start again, wipe the slate clean. Choose new/better resolutions for the new year.  I bet my average will improve!  I'll make time, I'll lose the weight, I'll invite more people to church.

Wait, what did I just say?  Invite more people to church?  Why in the world did I resolve to do that?  Oh right, because like me, they need Jesus.  They need to hear the message of God's love expressed in his son Jesus Christ revealed by His Holy Spirit through His Church.  After all, God is the master at helping people to start over.  Our slates have been wiped clean by the blood of HIS SON.  This is a resolution worth sharing and hopefully, this will be one New Year's Resolution I keep.