Monday, November 16, 2009

Thank Goodness for Grace!

As I sat down at McDonald's with my three children tonight, I saw someone who reminded me of an event in my past. An event that I am not too particularly proud of. It felt weird to be dwelling on this event, because I knew that I had been forgiven and had been set free from the sin and guilt of it. Still the memory was there. Then, just when I needed it, Jesus showed up. He arrived in the presence of my wonderful wife. Her arrival reminded me of the life I have in Christ and the victory of sin he provides! He saved me from a past of bad decisions for a life of purpose and fulfilment. He longs to do that with many of you reading this blog as well.

Some of you may be wondering what this has to do with missions. Well, nothing and everything. You see my personal experience is not really related to missions, but the message it brings is the reason why missions exists. Our missionary friends share the love of Christ to those who have yet to receive it. For this they need our prayers.

Grace and Peace