Monday, July 20, 2009

W-mart -- Picture of Heaven?

Recently while travelling, the wife and I made a stop at a certain well-known super center to pick-up some necessities for our journey. I was amazed at the sights, sounds, and smells of the this facility. Persons of what seemed like every tongue, tribe, and nation seemed to be out in the aisles looking for cereal, deodorant, fresh fruit, etc. I couldn't help but think that maybe this was what heaven would one day look like. No not the discount racks and the fake jewelry, rather the buzz of excitement that fills the air because persons of every tongue, tribe, and nation will be there, praising GOD the Father, and his Son Jesus Christ. Then a sad thought crossed my mind, how many of these W-marters will not be there? How many will not be there because I was too busy in my own W-mart quests not to notice the tired, the poor, the hurting, etc. How many will not be there because I believed language to be too big a barrier to sharing God's love. How many will not be there, simply because I was too concerned with my own needs, desires, and wants, and did not do the right thing?